A little over a year ago, I made a conscious decision to be more reflective and introspective. In doing so, I’ve learned a lot about myself (and others). If you don’t mind, I’d like to share what I’ve learned (in no certain order):
- (I’ve learned) how to have peace in the midst of a storm.
- (I’ve learned) how to write (a little) better than the year before.
- (I’ve learned) more about my body, the changes it’s determined to make, and how to deal with them.
- (I’ve learned) how to be quiet (sometimes more than others).
- (I’ve learned) who are my real friends and who are not.
- (I’ve learned) I have to exercise no matter how much I hate it.
- (I’ve learned) I don’t need, or want, to eat protein that comes from an animal that has fur, feathers, or a cute squiggly tail.
- (I’ve learned) it’s okay to be sad sometimes.
- (I’ve learned) it’s okay to be mad sometimes.
- (I’ve learned) complaining doesn’t change a bad situation– action does.
- (I’ve learned) fake people are easy to spot and who has time for such people? I don’t.
- (I’ve learned) life can be really difficult, but with the right people around me, the hard times are manageable.
- (I’ve learned) saying “I care” is way better (and more important) than saying “I don’t care.”
- (I’ve learned) beauty isn’t about how my hair, skin, and body looks. It’s about being kind, loving, giving, and grateful.
- (I’ve learned) how to be more vulnerable.
- (I’ve learned) how to let go of toxic people and situations.
- (I’ve learned) walking away from something that’s not working, or doesn’t feel right, is okay.
- (I’ve learned) to love who I am– just as I am.
If you slow down a bit– listen, meditate, and allow yourself to be open– life will show you and teach you so much about yourself. Don’t let this busy world, and rat-race of a life, jade you and wear you down. Make a deliberate decision to learn something new about yourself, about your life’s journey, and about what you may need to change to get where you’d like to be.
Life is a beautiful thing, so take the time to soak in what all it has to teach you.
Until next time…
Love life. Be Kind. Be genuine. Eliminate the negative, false, and vain. Peace, love, and happiness to all.